The process of solving a problem or determining a problem to an issue. Busy IT Service is working on Troubleshooting often involves the process of elimination or resolve the problem.
Computer troubleshooting overview
Is the computer turning on?
- No power or computer does not turn on.
- No display or black screen on a computer monitor.
Any Error messages?
Reboot the computer?
- How to restart Microsoft Windows.
Has any new hardware or software been added?
Has the computer moved?
Have there been any power outages or electrical storms?
Is it a hardware/software issue?
Update drivers or install latest patches?
- To update a Windows computer.
Scan for malware and viruses?
Computer viruses and other malware can cause a variety problems, from system slowness to inability to start the operating system.
- Remove malware and viruses from computer
When was the computer last running with no problems?